Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Disney

I have been dying to take Barron to Disney World for a long time.  Since neither Bryan nor I have been there in years we really were not sure what a good age is to enjoy it.  I figured this was the last time we could make it for a while so we decided to go for it.
Barron's favorite show is Mickey Mouse so one of my main goals was to let him meet the characters.  We were given a guide for Bryan's birthday and boy was she helpful.  She new exactly where to find them.


Barron could also do most of the rides.  Several were a little scary for him, and we probably should not have taken him on the Haunted House ride.  But he did enjoy most of them.  I did not go on the tea cup ride, but I did get to see them try to find a cup to ride in.  When they let people into the ride, they got pushed away from several of them by little girl's and their mothers.  It was hilarious, they almost didn't find one.

At the end of the first day, I cannot tell you how tired I was.  We watched the 3:00 parade and then headed back to take a nap.  You can see how both of us were feeling here.

I was very surprised how many shows were available at every park.  We were a little hesitant, but our guide was very persistent about us going to them.  I loved all of them, especially the Lion King show.  Our guide got us the royal treatment and both Bryan and Barron were chosen to participate in them.
The animal kingdom was not there the last time that Bryan and I were able to go.  We really enjoyed seeing the animals and the atmosphere of a more laid back park.
I am so thankful that we went and got that time together.  It will be quite a different experience the next time we make it there with 3 kids.  I saw several Mom's loose their kids, so I will probably have ropes on all of them!  

No comments: