Friday, July 30, 2010

July...

July just flew by for us.  Yet again, I have not done a good job in updating the blog.  So here is what we were doing this past month.
We went to Vacation Bible School again this year and Barron was able to enjoy it a lot more this time.  I still went with him, which was fun to see him interacting with other kids.  He gets overly excited about everything, it's so sweet.  Here are a couple iphone pics of him and the kids playing:
We are also still working on our swimming.  He is definitely not close yet, but he has gotten use to wearing a puddle jumper.  It's amazing how it lets him float and kick around the pool by himself.  He won't even let me hold onto him anymore.
My parent's have been asking me for a while to let Barron come stay a week with them.  I finally decided to get over my selfishness and let them have him.  It was so weird being at home without him there.  So Bryan and I pretty much worked the entire week, and went out to dinner every night.
 Barron has been calling my Dad, Papa for over a year now, but he will not call my Mom anything. (I can't completely blame him since she has changed her name on him a few times!)  Well this week he came up with her name:  Mama Gah?  Who knows if it will stick.
So Papa and Mama Gah decided to get Barron some golf lessons.  There is a video of the lesson and it is crazy to see him actually swing by himself at the end.
He also got to see a lot of family.  I just wish I was there to see them too!
Papa and Mama Gah took Barron to Memphis to see Aunt Amy and Eric and Mama Gah's family.  Aunt Amy was sweet enough to not only let Barron stay with her, but also to sleep with her that night.
As sad as I am that I was not there for Barron's first visit to the Zoo, I am just glad he got to finally go!

As good as July is for my business, I will be happy to see it go.  I'm ready for a little bit of freedom now that the summer season is about to end.  I'm also ready for a break from the heat, but that won't be happening for a while!

No comments: